The website you are using is provided by SPORTNXT PTY LTD ACN 629 875 645 (“SPORTNXT”, “we”, “us, “our”). All personal information collected and otherwise dealt with by SportNXT, is subject to the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended (“Privacy Act”).
This Policy applies to the collection, holding and use of personal information provided about individuals to SportNXT through the use of the website sportnxt.org, mobile applications, social media pages or other applications related to SportNXT and any services offered or provided by SportNXT (“services”).
By continuing to use the website and/or services you acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to read this Policy and acknowledge and consent to SportNXT collecting, holding, and disclosing personal information supplied by you through your use of the website and/or services and retaining and/or using personal information provided by you subject to the terms of this Policy, and any other applicable contracts. If you provide us with personal information of third parties, you will be responsible for informing the individual and obtaining the individual’s consent for their personal information to be provided to SportNXT for the purposes indicated in the corresponding sections of this Policy or as otherwise indicated at the time of collection.
The purpose of this Policy is to:
- clearly communicate the personal information handling practices of SportNXT;
- enhance the transparency of SportNXT’s information collection processes, and
- give individuals a better and more complete understanding of the sort of personal
information that SportNXT holds, and the way SportNXT handles that information.
In this Policy, “personal information” has the same meaning as defined by section 6 of the Privacy Act:
information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable:
(a) whether the information or opinion is true or not; and
(b) Whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Personal information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address and/or other information that is necessary for the delivery of our services to you.
In the course of regular business activity, SportNXT may be required to collect and otherwise deal with your personal information for a variety of purposes and on different legal grounds. We collect your personal information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you and marketing our services to you. If you do not want any of your data collected, you can stop using our website or services at any time (subject to applicable contracts).
SportNXT collects personal information from individuals in numerous ways, including when an individual:
- visits our website, social media channels or mobile applications;
- emails SportNXT for any reason, including inquiries, comments and complaints;
- telephones SportNXT;
- completes an expression of interest form;
- provides SportNXT with personal information, including for example by providing a business card;
- purchases tickets for an event run by a related party and/or a third party;
- makes a purchase from SportNXT and/or a third party;
- allows any information on social media to be shared with us.
We may also collect personal information about you from other people or organisations. This may include our service partners and contractors (such as a ticketing office) or third parties who conduct market research or run competitions and other promotions on our behalf.
SportNXT does not generally take steps to:
- verify personal information about any individual disclosed to it; or
- seek additional personal information about any individual on the basis of information disclosed to it,
except in circumstances where it is reasonably necessary for SportNXT to do so, including (but not limited to) confirming the identity of an individual seeking access to personal information.
When collecting information from you – whether it be via our website, email, hardcopy, face-to-face or any other services – we will take reasonable steps to inform you of why we are collecting the information, the purposes for which we intend to use that information and to whom it may be disclosed.
A person may choose to deal with SportNXT anonymously. However, in circumstances where a person requests details about personal information held by SportNXT, they may be required to provide sufficient details to confirm their identity, to ensure that no unauthorised person is provided with access to personal information.
SportNXT does not disclose personal information to any person whose identity cannot be verified.
Any personal information collected by SportNXT will be used for the purposes for which it was given to SportNXT, for secondary purposes which are related to those purposes, for purposes which you have otherwise consented to, or any other purposes in accordance with the Privacy Act.
SportNXT may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to verify your identity;
- to process transactions;
- to process and make arrangements for an event or our services;
- to send periodic emails or notifications for processing orders, to send you information and updates pertaining to our order and to send you related product or service information;
- to send you promotional, marketing or other information about our services and/or events through email, postal mail or some other means unless you otherwise instruct us to cease or refrain from sending you such information;
- to send you communications in connection with our products and/or services and other events;
- providing and contacting you in relation to our subscription services, where you have subscribed to our services;
- to contact you about our events through email, postal mail or some other means;
- to conduct research about our products and/or services;
- to monitor and improve our products and/or services;
- to allow SportNXT to personalise our services;
- to process any inquiries, you have about the SportNXT, our services or events;
- to respond to your feedback or complaints;
- to endeavour to protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- communicating with you before and after an event; or
- determining and handling your requirements, including special assistance requirements for events;
- providing and contacting you in relation to our subscription services, where you have subscribed to our services; or
- providing, operating and contacting you in relation to our market research activities, competitions and events.
We may disclose information we hold to our directors, officers, employees and other associated companies within our corporate group.
We may also disclose information to service providers or contractors who help us provide services (for example, for ticketing services, marketing or remarketing purposes through our websites or other social media channels). We will also disclose information to a law enforcement agency if we are requested to do so by that agency in relation to suspected unlawful activity.
We are based in Australia and may disclose the personal information we hold to an overseas recipient (as defined in APP 8.1)
Generally, we will only disclose your personal information to these overseas recipients in connection with our services, as required or permitted by law or where we may use an overseas server to host some or all of our business data, including personal information.
SportNXT may collect and use personal information for the purposes of SportNXT and/or third parties providing direct marketing services to users of the SportNXT website, in accordance with the law.
If you do not wish for your information to be used for direct marketing purposes you may contact SportNXT at any time and instruct SportNXT to cease or refrain from using your information for direct marketing purposes. Contact details for SportNXT are provided below under ‘Contact’.
Alternatively, when making purchases or registering with SportNXT you may elect to ‘opt out’ of receiving direct marketing from SportNXT or other third parties.
Where applicable, we may handle personal information relying on exemptions under the Privacy Act and at law, including but not limited to, the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee exemption.
Subscription to SportNXT
If you authorise your email subscription to SportNXT, we may provide you with information regarding our products and services through different means, such as by post, email, or any other equivalent means of communication.
Your subscription to SportNXT may entail using personal information to make personalised advertising related to our products and services available to you via post, email or other equivalent electronic means of communication.
We highlight that in order to improve the services we provide to you, personal information provided by you and related to purchases, preferences and tastes may be used for the purposes of analysis, generating user profiles, marketing studies, quality surveys and improving our customer interaction.
If you are a registered user, you can change your preferences related to the sending of these communications through any relevant directions we provide.
You can also unsubscribe by following the information we provide to you.
In situations where SportNXT holds personal information about you, you are entitled to be given access to such information by making a written request to SportNXT (subject to some exceptions).
If you would like access to your personal information please make a written request. Contact details may be found below under ‘Contact’.
SportNXT will respond to a request for access to personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
In the event SportNXT holds personal information about you and;
- SportNXT is satisfied that the information is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; or
- you request the information be corrected;
SportNXT will take reasonable steps to correct the information to ensure that it is accurate, up to date, relevant and not misleading.
If your personal details need to be corrected please make a written request for correction, see contact details below.
SportNXT will respond to a request for correction of personal information within a reasonable period after the request is made.
Storage and Security
SportNXT stores your personal information physically and/or electronically and has processes in place to endeavour to ensure the security of your personal information, including encryption of all data when it is transferred to our service providers and limitations on access to personal information within our organisation. SportNXT will take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
How long do we keep your personal information?
SportNXT will keep your personal information for as long as we reasonably require your personal information for any valid and lawful purpose.
When your personal information is no longer needed or reasonably necessary for us to keep your personal information, your information will be destroyed. SportNXT retains the right to de-identify data and retain such data for statistical purposes only.
Please note the website may contain links to other external websites. These links are provided as a convenience to you. SportNXT is not affiliated with these sites and accordingly has no control over – and is not responsible for – their content, activities, privacy practice or other policies.
Specific rights for EU residents only
If you are located in the European Union, then you may have additional rights under the European Union General Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) (subject to some exceptions), such as:
- you can withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on your consent before its withdrawal;
- you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data; and
- you have the right to require us (if we are the data controller) to delete your data in certain circumstances.
By using our website and/or services, you are consenting to the collection of information by us in accordance with this Policy.
Please note that we reserve our right to amend, remove or vary this Policy without notice. When we do, we will publish the updated policy to our website. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to this Policy. SportNXT may notify you of changes to this Policy via the website.
At all times, we will take reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is protected and treated confidentially, and in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Your privacy is very important to us. For that reason, if you have any questions or concerns about how SportNXT safeguards your privacy, or if you wish to access or amend personal information we hold about you, please make a request in writing.
All correspondence should be directed to:
SportNXT Pty Ltd
Attention: The Privacy Officer
Level 1, 414 Toorak Road
Toorak, Vic 3142
If necessary, we will ask you to provide us with a copy of your ID card, passport or other valid identity document. In the event that you decide to contact us for any of the reasons above, we request that you please provide us with sufficient details regarding your reason for getting in touch with us
If SportNXT does not agree to provide access to personal information or to amend or annotate the information it holds about an individual, the individual can:
- Escalate their enquiry to SportNXT to a formal complaint in writing or by email to the Privacy Officer (refer to “Contact” above), or
- Pursue the matter further with the Office of the Australia Information Commissioner (OAIC).
Any complaint received by SportNXT will be considered by SportNXT in due course, and a response provided to the complainant within a reasonable period
If an individual has a complaint about any practice, procedure or action taken in regard to their personal information, they may apply to the OAIC to investigate the complaint. Current contact details for the OAIC are available on the OAIC’s website. If you are located in the European Union, and the GDPR applies to you have the right to complain to the local data protection authority within the EU in relation to the GDPR. Current contact details for your local authority are available on the European Commission website.